Posted on October 15th, 2014
Is the odor from your dumpster room offending the businesses and stores nearby?
Earth Care Odor Remover Bags are used by Pest Control Professionals to remove dumpster room odors. Earth Care Odor Remover Bags are easy to use, just hang them in the dumpster room and they will completely eliminate the odors.
Here’s how to eliminate odors from the dumpster room and trash cans:
- Move bins out of the way and spread Granules from the Earth Care Bucket over the wet area. Put down enough granules to where at least 50% of the granules on top are still dry.
- Spread a liberal amount of granules on top of the rubbish in the bins. If the rubbish is wet on top make sure to add enough to where you have some dry granules on top.
- If rubbish bin is in doors hang 2 bags immediately above the bins, high enough where the bags do not obstruct lid when opened. Use 2 bags per rubbish bin.
- In one hour you should realize a noticeable lowering of the odor. If the odor is still at a high unacceptable level add more granules and bags to reduce the odor.
- Change bags out monthly and add granules monthly or as needed.
- Sweep up granules under bins after 2 or 3 days.
- To remove odors from trash can simply sprinkle granules into trash can. No more stinky garage from your trash cans!
- The Result: The odors will be greatly reduced or eliminated. This will result in less insects and rodents being attracted and a much more pleasant healthier area.
Posted on June 13th, 2014
As people age, odors increase, but they don’t have to be tolerated.
Nursing homes can inhibit a foul odor that can be quite distracting and at times post health issues if not taken care of properly.
Instead of using chemicals and putting off a fragrance to simply cover up the odor, Clear The Air works like a magnet and can actually absorb the foul odors you find in a nursing home.
Clear The Air Odor Eliminators are an easy, inexpensive way to solve odor problems in a nursing home. Clear the Air does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the carpet pad, and sub-floor.
Clear The Air draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are absorbed and neutralized without any fragrances. Clear The Air does not cover up odors; it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean. Clear The Air is made from an all-natural mineral, is nontoxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth. It is also safe around children and pets even if eaten.
Directions to Eliminate Odors from Nursing Homes
- Hang 1 or 2 bags in each room that has odor. Some air circulation is best. One bag covers approximately 100 square feet. Bags will last approximately 3 months.
- You can also sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminating Granules on the carpets and furniture. Leave on for 24 hours then vacuum up.
Posted on May 22nd, 2014
Getting your boat back out on the water is one of the best ways to kick off the summer season, but just like other vehicles, boats can negatively impact the environment.
Fortunately, there are plenty of simple “go green” adjustments you can make to your boating habits and help ensure that our waters stay clean and healthy. A summary of ideas is below:
Use Clear The Air Odor Eliminating Bags
Boats typically are filled with powerful odors such as bilge odors, mold and mildew odors, fuel odors, head and holding tank odors, galley odors, smoke odors and pet odors. Earth Care will eliminate all these odors. In the past boat owners have had to use caustic chemicals, expensive detailing, air purifiers and caustic ozone machines to rid their boat of odors. Earth Care Odor Remover Bags can simply be hung in your boat and they will completely eliminate all these odors.
Earth Care draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are adsorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. It is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth. It is also safe around children and pets even if eaten. It does not have to come into contact with odor producer to eliminate the odor. Earth Care does not cover up odors it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean.
Green cleaning products
You want your boat to look and smell like it just came off the showroom floor, but it’s important to avoid toxic cleaners as often as possible (aka always). Remember that any type of cleaning product used on the boat’s exterior gets into the water. Look for eco-friendly products that are biodegradable and water-based or just search for products stamped with “Design for the Environment,” which is an EPA certification to identify environmentally-friendly cleaning agents.
While there are many green cleaning products available specifically for boats, homemade vinegar solutions are often just as effective and less expensive. For example, a mixture of one part white vinegar and two parts warm water can be used to clean plastic, while chrome can be cleaned with apple cider vinegar and a soft cotton cloth. A fresh cloth with a bit of baby oil helps to restore its bright shine.
Properly disposing trash
Never throw trash overboard, including fishing line and plastics which can take hundreds of years to decompose. They are also deadly to marine life which can get tangled in it or choke on it by confusing it for food. Use onshore facilities to recycle paper, plastic, glass, and metal waste.
Educating yourself as much as possible before going out on the water is one of the most important green things you can do. There is SO MUCH information available for you to become an expert on green boating practices that there is no excuse for neglecting responsible boating habits. There are also tools like boating safety practice quizzes that will help you determine whether you’re completely comfortable with the knowledge you need to stay green on the water.
Prevent fuel spills
Topping off fuel tanks usually leads to spillage. This can be prevented by filling the fuel tank slowly, using an absorbent pad or rag to catch any spills, and leaving the tank about 10 percent empty to allow fuel to expand as it warms.
Marine solar panels are a great option for tapping into a green energy source for your boat. They’re not only useful for keeping things functioning when batteries die out, but they can also be used to charge all types of electronic devices such as a laptop, satellite phone, or smartphone.
Replace traditional fluorescent lighting
Standard fluorescent lighting produces mercury, but LED bulbs don’t contain toxins and are also more effective in lighting quality. They tend to have a longer life span, typically burning for 20 years or more before going out, and don’t use nearly as much energy as other alternatives. LEDs can be used for 95 percent of modern lamps, including spot lights, dome lights, recessed lights, navigation lights, emergency lights and more.
Posted on November 25th, 2013
Need to get rid of that pesky cigarette odor? Read on!
If you have bought or rented a new home and the previous dweller was a smoker, you are probably fed up with trying to get that sultry cigarette odor out of the house.
Did you know Clear the Air will remove cigarette odor from ANYWHERE? Cars, homes, carpets, rugs, clothes, offices and anywhere else cigarette odor has crept in to.
Unfortunately, cigarette odor has a way of creeping into the walls making it almost impossible to remove the odor completely. Earth Care’s Clear The Air Odor Eliminator will pull these odors out of your house, 100% guaranteed! Our product doesn’t even need to come in contact with the odor and it will remove the odors out of carpets, drapes, furniture, clothing and bedding.
Clear the Air is simple to use and is an inexpensive solution to odor elimination. Here are the directions to removing cigarette smoke odor out of your home:
- Hang 1-2 Earth Care Odor Eliminator Bags in each room that smells like cigarette smoke. One bag will cover 50-100 square feet. Odor will be eliminated in 24 hours.
- A Bag will last 1-2 months, if room is heavily permeated with smoke odor the bag may need to be changed more often at first.
- If odors are particularly strong or room has been smoked in for years sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Carpet and Furniture granules on carpets and furniture. Leave down 24 hours and vacuum. Odors will be completely eliminated.
- One canister of Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Carpet and Furniture covers 100 square feet; one bucket covers 900 square feet.
- Granules can also be placed in ashtrays and cigarette butt receptacles.
Of course, if you have any questions on removing cigarette smoke odor, please do not hesitate to call our helpful Customer Service Agent, Pat, at (800) 611-1611 or (760) 941-5302 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on September 16th, 2013
Do you have a foul odor in your car?
Maybe gas spilled in your car or a rat got up into the engine and died. Whatever the odor, our Odor Eliminator Bags will eliminate any foul and pesky odor you experience in your vehicle.
Here are some tips to eliminating odor from your vehicle:
- Hang or place two bags in your car. We recommend hanging them if you can so all areas of the bag can absorb the odors.
- Leave windows open for air circulation.This is crucial in order for the bags to work best!
- Do not set bag in direct sun. You can place them under the car seat if you cannot get your car out of the sun.
- If there are strong odors in your car you may also want to sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Carpets and Furniture on all upholstery and carpet. Leave down overnight and vacuum.
The bags will continue to eliminate new odors for up to 3 months. Each bag will cover approximately 100 square feet and some air circulation is best.
Air fresheners just mask the odors and often smell worst than the offensive odor, car details are expensive, and shampooing often just spreads the smell around. Earth Care Odor Remover Bags can simply be placed in your car and they will completely eliminate all these odors.
Questions about eliminating odors? Comment on our blog or contact our lovely Customer Service Rep.
Posted on July 22nd, 2013
Clear The Air is boat friendly and a boat owners dream!
If you’ve ever been on a boat you have probably experienced a few odors that linger on boats. Whether it is from the bilge or galley, boats usually like to hold on to their odors.
Clear the Air can eliminate boat odors and make your boating experience a great one.
Check out our tips for boating safely and remember to keep a few extra Odor Eliminator Bags on board for your boat!
- Weather – Always check the weather before departing on your boat. TV and radio forecasts are usually a good source of information. If you start to notice dark clouds and rough changing winds, get off the water.
- Prepared – Prepare for any possibility on the water. Fire safety, fueling tips, and more should all be included on your pre-departure checklist.
- Safety – Operate at a safe speed and use common sense. Be alert; steer clear of larger vessels and watercraft that have a harder time turning than you do.
- Float Plan – Let others on land know where you plan to go and how long you plan to be gone.
- Life Jackets – The majority of drowning victims from boating accidents were found not to be wearing life jackets. Your family and friends aboard the boat must all be assigned to and fitted with a life jacket prior to departure.
- Alcohol – Save the alcohol for later. The likelihood of being involved in a boating accident doubles when alcohol is involved.
- Learn To Swim – If you are around and in the water, you should know how to swim safely. Check for local classes in your area so you can learn how to swim.
Posted on June 10th, 2013
We all have to work and sometimes our dogs have to get left at home while we are away.
Check out these great ways to keep your dog entertained while you are away and he is home alone from Clear the Air:
- Lots of walks – It is a great idea to take your dog for a walk before you go off to work. Not only will he be able to go potty to reduce the chance of an accident but you two will get to spend some quality time together. You might want to throw the ball and include some playtime in your walk to tire him out so he can relax while you are at work.
- Toys – Introducing a new toy while you he is home alone can add some excitement to your dog’s life. A chew toy that your dog has to work out while you’re gone is the best. Try hiding toys for a few days and reintroducing it to him as well. Toys such as a Kong or food cube will encourage your dog to stay active while trying to work at getting the treat out of the toy. Even the laziest of dogs may not be able to resist a toy that gives them yummy treats when they play with it.
- Water – Making sure your dog has enough water while you are gone is extremely important. A dog fountain provides a constant supply of clean fresh water and many dogs love the diversion that a fountain can create.
- Sound – When you are out, leave on a CD or tune the radio to a clear station and let it play while you are out. This will not only feel like he isn’t alone but the noise will keep him company as well.
- Comfortable Bed – Create a comfortable place for your dog to relax. He will most likely want to snooze while you are away and making his spot inviting and comfortable will help keep him a good boy while he’s along.
Posted on May 13th, 2013
Clear the Air knows how devastating a flood can be. We would like to share some helpful tips to keeping flood waters out of your home.
Please remember to use our Clear The Air Odor Eliminator Bags to eliminate musty mildew odors you may experience as the result of a flood.
- Give the water an opportunity to disperse before it reaches your home. Clear ditches and deans to make sure they are free flowing.
- Use silicone sealants around all gaps in your windows and doors. Pay special attention to pipe and cable entry points.
- Walls and floors can be made more water-resistant by having extended concrete footings and a waterproof membrane put in the foundation.
- Install anti back-flow valves by a plumber.
- Keep an ample supply of sand bags ready to use. During flooding you can guarantee they’ll become sparse. If you are in dire need and cannot find sand bags, you can use plastic bags or pillow cases filled with soil.
- Place a half filled bag lengthways against a door and parallel to the direction of the water flow. Tuck the open end of the sand bag under the bag and turn it towards the water flow.
- Sand bags placed in layers, like a brick wall so each layer overlaps, will help create a strong barrier.
- If you live in a condo or town-home, discuss with your neighbors your plans for a potential flood.
Posted on April 3rd, 2013
Summer is around the bend and it is time to plan those fun family vacations with the RV.
If you haven’t been in your RV for a while throughout the winter months, you may experience some foul odors lurking in your RV when you go to get it ready for the warmer months.
Tobacco smoke, kitchen, road kill, skunk, gasoline, smog, “doggie”, urine, mold/mildew, bathroom, and holding tank odors are common odors that stink up our RVs. Air fresheners just mask the odors and often smell worse than the offensive odor. RV detailing is expensive, and shampooing often just spreads the smell around.
Earth Care Odor Remover Bags can simply be hung in your RV and they will completely eliminate all these odors. Earth Care draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are adsorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. It is made from an all-natural mineral, is non-toxic, biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth.
Clear the Air is also safe around children and pets even if eaten. It does not have to come into contact with odor producer to eliminate the odor. Earth Care does not cover up odors it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean.
Directions To Eliminate Odors From Your RV
- Hang or place one bag in bathroom, and one in kitchen area, each bag covers approximately 100 square feet.
- Leave windows open for air circulation.
- Do not set bag in direct sun.
- If there are strong odors in your RV you may also want to sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Carpets and Furniture on all upholstery and carpet. Leave down overnight and vacuum. All odors will be completely eliminated.
- The bags will continue to eliminate new odors for up to 3 months. Each bag will cover approximately 100 square feet, some air circulation is best.
Posted on March 13th, 2013
Potty training tips for your dog.
Do you have a new puppy learning how to potty train? Clear the Air works great for eliminating odors from your dog’s accidents in the house. Plus, it is non-toxic and completely safe even if ingested.
Click Here to learn more about eliminating dog urine and feces odors.
Check out some helpful potty training tips for your dog:
- Restrict your dog’s access to the house. Making his environment smaller makes him less apt to have an accident. This same process can also be used for crate training.
- Keep your dog with you, or keep an eye on him. Dogs usually like to sneak off to have accidents, if you can’t see him, he might be getting into something he shouldn’t be.
- Go outside with him when teaching your dog to potty train. If you don’t see him urinating and defecating outside he might just be playing and not taking care of business. Plus going out with him teaches you about his routine.
- Quietly praise your dog for going potty outside. Don’t reprimand him for making a mistake, just distract him and get him outside as soon as you can.
- If you have a dog that likes one particular area specifically, you can put his food near that area and he will not urinate or defecate where he eats. But be careful, this sometimes doesn’t address the problem and the dog finds a new spot.
- Utilize a crate, or a baby gate, or an exercise pen when you are not home. If you are diligent about keeping your dog with you when you are home, but he pees or poops as soon as you leave it is defeating your hard work. Crates are a wonderful tool for potty training.
- Do not use puppy pads or indoor aids when potty training if you want your dog to potty outside. Encouraging potty indoor sometimes, but then wanting them to go outside is confusing. Choose one or the other and stick with it.
Be consistent and use lots of praise while controlling his environment and soon your dog will be happily going potty outside. Do you have potty training tips you’d like to share? Please comment on our blog.