Posted on September 26th, 2016
We embarked on a two month journey from San Diego to Jasper Canada and back. I have named it 35 FEET, 8 PAWS, and TWO OLD FARTS. Follow as we all adapt to life on the road. Looking for dog friendly RV parks, hikes, and, restaurants along the way.
Posted on September 20th, 2016
Road Trip! When traveling with your pets it is important to take extra precautions to make sure they have a good time too.
Clear The Air would like to share these tips to keep your pets safe while you enjoy your trip.
1. Prepare – If your trip isn’t right away, prepare your pets with short trips in the car to get them ready for the big day.
2. Pack – Bring your pet’s favorite toys and blanket to help calm them on the long trip. Also pack all the supplies you will need for you pet including their food, water, dishes, bedding, leashes, litter boxes, and any medications they need.
3. ID Please – Don’t forget to bring your pet’s identification. Make sure the identification contains your current contact information and it’s attached to a sturdy collar. This will be helpful in case they do get lost.
4. Be Safe and Secure – Pets are the safest in a carrier. Bring carriers for your pets to ride in while you are driving and make sure they are secured in your car. Sharp turns and sudden stops can cause your pets and their carriers to fall over and they can get hurt. Make sure the carriers are well ventilated and big enough for them to move around comfortably in.
5. Take A Break – Be sure to make several stops along the way so pets can get out of the car and go to the bathroom. Make sure pets are wearing their identification and are on a leash for their safety.
6. Bring Your Pets With You – If you need to stop for a snack, gas, or a meal, always take your pets with you. Don’t ever leave pets in the car even if it’s only going to be a few minutes. If you can’t take pets inside with you, take turns sitting outside with your pets so they are not left alone.
Posted on July 3rd, 2016
The 4th of July is full of outdoor activities with your family and pets!
Clear The Air wants to remind you to keep your pets safe while you enjoy the holiday. Here are some food and water safety tips from the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (APCC) to make sure everyone has a fun day.
- Never leave alcoholic drinks unattended where pets can reach them. Alcoholic beverages have the potential to poison pets. If ingested, the animal could become very intoxicated and weak, severely depressed or could go into a coma.
- Keep your pets on their normal diet. Any change, even for one meal, can give your pet severe indigestion and diarrhea. Foods such as onions, chocolate, coffee, avocado, grapes, raisins, salt and yeast dough can all be potentially toxic to companion animals.
- Do not apply any sunscreen or insect repellent product to your pet that is not labeled specifically for use on animals. Ingestion of sunscreen products can result in drooling, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive thirst and lethargy. The misuse of insect repellent that contains DEET can lead to neurological problems.
- Keep matches, lighter fluid, citronella candles, insect coils and tiki torch oil products out of reach. Ingestion can produce stomach irritation and possibly even central nervous system depression. If inhaled, the oils could cause aspiration pneumonia in pets.
- Don’t let pets drink pool or ocean water. Drinking a large amount of sea water can lead to elevated sodium levels for dogs, which can cause nausea, vomiting, lethargy, tremors and potentially seizures. Pool water, on the other hand, can lead to low sodium levels. Signs of ingestion often start with nausea, vomiting and lethargy, and can progress to depression, unsteadiness, and even coma and seizures. Have your pet take breaks from playtime and drink lots of fresh water throughout the day. If a pet is exhibiting any neurological signs, get into a veterinary clinic immediately.
- Keep your pet away from ocean critters. Star fish, sea urchins, jelly fish and squid are just a few of the creatures that can pose risk for our pets. If your pet is in or near the ocean, keep a close eye on him or her, and make sure they stay in more shallow water.
- Avoid Algae. “Red tides” in the ocean are caused by a reddish-brown algal bloom that can be toxic to sea life, humans and our pets—leading to anything from eye and breathing issues to stomach upset, confusion or seizures. Blue-green algae can be found in fresh water like lakes or ponds, and ingestion can cause a serious problems like liver disease or affect the nervous system. Before letting your pet get in any water, check the area for postings and/or the presence of algae. If you see anything suspicious, it would be better to stay on dry land.
- Practice pool safety. When pets get into the containers of the pool chemicals before they have been diluted, it can lead to burns—both on the skin with prolonged contact, or in the mouth and stomach if ingested. If you have caught your dog ingesting any pool chemicals, give a small amount of water or milk to dilute and then call APCC or take to a local veterinary clinic for evaluation.
Posted on March 31st, 2016
Eliminate those stinky odors from shipping containers and trucks with Clear The Air!
Shipping containers often take on the odors of fish, food, animals, and many of the odors of previously shipped merchandise. Earth Care’s Clear The Air Odor Eliminators will completely eliminate these odors, pulling the odors out of the shipping container.
Clear the air does not cover up odors; it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean. Clear The Air is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth.
Directions to Eliminate Odors from Shipping Containers and Trucks
- Hang 3 Earth Care Odor Eliminator Bags in container. It is best to have some air circulation. One bag will cover 100 square feet. Odor will be eliminated in 24 hours.
- The bag will continue to eliminate new odors for up to 3 months.
- If odors have soaked into the floor of container Clear The Air Odor Eliminator granules can be sprinkled on the bottom of the container. It is best to have some air circulation. Leave down 24 hours and vacuum or sweep out. Odors will be completely eliminated.
- Click Here to order Shipping Container Odor Eliminator Bundle
Posted on January 31st, 2016
Did your kids have an accident in bed? Did the cat use the couch as their litter box?
Clear The Air can eliminate these odors and it is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth. It is also safe around children and pets.
Here is how to eliminate odors from your mattress and furniture:
- Take all the bedding off the mattress. Wash all bedding.
- Sprinkle Clear the Air Carpet and Furniture Odor Eliminator on your mattress where you smell the odor the strongest.
- Use half of a 14 oz canister. Click here to order.
- Leave the product down for 24 hours.
- Vacuum product up from mattress or furniture. Odor will be eliminated.
- If some odor still exists, apply a second application.
Clear The Air is safe to use on all fabrics and leather. Do you have questions about how to use our product? Contact our customer service department here to answer all your odor issue questions!
Posted on December 31st, 2015
Are you having trouble renting or selling a property because of an odor?
Clear The Air Odor Eliminators are an easy, inexpensive way to solve the problem and get your property sold or rented!
Eliminate House Odor
Property management companies and Real Estate Brokers and Agents deal with odor issues on a routine basis. Cigarette, pet, musty/mildew, dead rodent, and cooking odors are most common. Real Estate is often slow selling/renting or discounted due to odor issues. It has been reported that approximately 5-10% of all listing have odor issues that may impact the sale.
Directions to Eliminate Odors from House
- Hang 1 or 2 bags in each room that has odor. Some air circulation is best. One bag covers approximately 100 square feet. Bags will last approximately 3 months; we suggest leaving them up until house is sold/rented.
- If you have pet urine odors in the carpet (including cat urine) sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Cat Urine on carpet, tile, concrete, furniture, or any other surface. Leave down overnight; sweep or vacuum up and odor will be completely eliminated. One canister covers approximately 100 square feet.
- If you have odors outside on lawn or shrubs sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Lawns down.
- Leave down indefinitely, Clear The Air is an excellent nitrogen soil amendment. One canister covers approximately 100 square feet.
- If you have a dead rodent odor please click How to Eliminate Dead Rodent Odors PDF
Many agents keep a case of bags in their trunk.
Click here to purchase House Odor Removers.
Posted on December 1st, 2015
Dead animal odor?
Earth Care’s Clear the Air Odor Remover Bags will take care of the smell!
Dead rodents can die in your wall and often you are unable to find the carcass to remove it. Earth Care Odor Remover Bags are used by Pest Control Professionals to remove dead animal smells, and urine and feces odors associated with rodents. Dead animal removal is not necessary to remove the odors.
Earth Care Bags do not have to come into contact with dead rodent or odor causing agent. Simply hang the bag near the odor and in 24 hours the odor will be gone. Earth Care acts like a magnet by attracting and neutralizing smells. It is an all natural dead rodent odor remover, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth. It is also safe around children and pets, even if eaten. Earth Care absorbs dead animal odors rather than masking them with a fragrance.
How to Eliminate Dead Animal Smells & Related Urine/Feces Odors
- It is not necessary to remove dead carcass to remove the odor.
- More bags =better faster results, we recommend a minimum of 3 bags.
- Hang a bag in every room you smell odor.
- If you believe dead animal is in attic or crawl space hang one bag there also.
- Bag will outlast odor from carcass and handle any urine or feces odors that may exist from previously infested areas.
- One bag covers up to 100 square feet. It will last 3-4 months in use, or indefinitely in plastic wrap.
Minimum of three bags needed to remove dead Rodent/Animal odors.
Watch what Professional Pest Control Operators say about Earth Care here.
Posted on October 31st, 2015
Halloween is an exciting time of year, but the excitement might be a little too much for your pets. It is important to take simple precautions on Halloween to keep your pets safe.
Clear The Air would like to share these safety tips:
- Don’t give your pets any candy and keep the candy bowl out of their reach. Chocolate, xylitol (a sugar substitute), and wrappers can be very dangerous for pets.
- Make sure your pets are wearing their ID tags even if you don’t plan on taking them out. They could accidentally get out while the door is constantly opening and be scared off by Trick-or-Treaters coming to your house.
- The loud voices, constant door bell ringing, and knocks on your door can stress out your pet. Keeping your pets in another room during Trick-or-Treating time will help your pets feel safe.
- As a precaution, bring your outdoor pets inside to keep them safe from any cruel Halloween pranks.
- Keep Halloween decorations away from pets. If you are going to display your pumpkins with candles, put them where you pets can’t reach or accidentally knock over.
- Keep the costumes simple! Make sure they fit and are comfortable for your pet. Check for any loose pieces that you pet may be able to chew off and supervise them while they are dressed in costumes.
Posted on October 5th, 2015
Does your crock pot smell like the last thing you cooked in it?
Even after scrubbing that smell from what you last cooked can stay in your crock pot!
Here is a simple way to get rid of that odor:
Simply place one of our Earth Care Odor Remover Bags in your crock pot. Leave the lid slight ajar. That’s it, odor is gone! Leave the bag in the crock pot until you are ready to cook your next yummy dinner!
Earth Care acts like a magnet by attracting and neutralizing smells. It is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth. It is also safe around children and pets, even if eaten. Earth Care absorbs odors rather than masking them with a fragrance.
Order the Earth Care Odor Eliminator Bag here.
Posted on August 5th, 2015
Did the kids have an accident or did the cat use your mattress as a litter box again?
Clear The Air eliminates foul mattress odors and can eliminate harmful odors you can breathe in when you sleep.
Here is how to eliminate odors from your mattress:
Do you have questions about how to use our product? Contact our customer service department to answer all your odor issue questions!