Posted on March 28th, 2012
Springtime has sprung!
It is time to clean up inside your home and spend your time outside with your dog for the Spring Season. Here are some helpful tips to do that:
- It is a good idea to schedule a vet check up for your dog. Taking in your dog for a checkup after he has been inside for most of the winter will ensure your dog is healthy and ready to get outdoors.
- Your dog will start shedding as the warmer months approach so it is a good idea to brush your dog on a daily basis. This will help keep shedding under control and keep your dog neat and clean. Brush all the way down to the skin which will loosen and remove dead hair and dandruff. Brushing routinely will also help reduce the buildup of pet hair in your home.
- Spring can bring mud outdoors so it is important to keep your dog’s feet clean. In order to keep paw prints of mud and dirt off your newly cleaned home, greet your dog at the door and gently clean each paw with a damp cloth making sure to get between the toes and remove mud and debris.
- Regularly wash your dog’s bed. Use a fabric cover that on your dog’s bed that can be easily removed for washing. Vacuum the excess hair and dirt and then wash the lining in a non-scented detergent without fabric softener these can irritate your dog’s skin.
- Get active with your pet! Make sure you and your dog take advantage of the warmer weather and spend time outside. If your pet has been cooped up most of the winter, take it slow at first. Go to the local dog park or play fetch in your yard.
Spending quality time with your dog will not only improve your pet’s behavior it will also improve your mood as well. Who can’t enjoy watching a dog completely overwhelmed with happiness while he is playing outdoors? Spring is here, it is time to get out with your pup!