Posted on May 8th, 2013
Dogs who deserved an award!
Clear The Air loves hearing about stories of heroic animals and the risks they’ve taken to save someone.
We found some amazing dog stories from webvet.com we would like to share:
Eve – Many of us enjoy watching those movie scenes that have us sitting on the edge of our seats as someone escapes a burning pit just before it explodes, but in real life these situations are anything but enjoyable. In 1992, Kathi Vaughn, a paralyzed paraplegic, learned first-hand how horrifying this type of setting can be.
Kathi was driving along an interstate when her truck caught on fire. She pushed her rotweiller, Eve, out of the vehicle so she would be safe. However, the dog came back. Pulling her owner by the ankles, Eve managed to get Kathi out of the burning vehicle, dragging her to a nearby ditch just moments before the truck exploded.
Eve received the Stillman Award (for people and animals who risks their lives to save others), presented by the American Humane Association.
Honey – Michael Bosch and his English cocker spaniel, Honey, headed out early one October morning in 2005, with the sunshine beaming down brightly over California. Because of that brightness, Bosch’s sight was limited, causing him to misjudge the road. The SUV rolled 30 feet down a ravine, landing upside down. Bosch was trapped, and his leg was crushed between the steering wheel, roof and dashboard.
Living in a remote area, Bosch knew the chances of anyone having witnessed the accident were slim. He realized that Honey was his only hope. For seven long hours, it was just man and his dog. Finally, he managed to get his 5-month-old pet out of her kennel, which was in the back of the vehicle. Oh, how he hoped she would somehow find help!
Sure enough, Honey returned with a neighbor who lived about a half a mile away. The neighbor confirmed that Honey had directed her to the scene, where she paced back and forth gazing at the wreckage below. Rescuers acknowledged that, indeed, Bosch did owe his life to Honey, the pet he had adopted only two weeks earlier.
This heroic deed earned Honey the National Dog Day Foundation’s 2005 Dog of the Year Award.
Click the link to read more great stories at Webvet.com: http://www.webvet.com/main/2012/04/03/5-amazing-stories-hero-dogs
Posted on April 10th, 2013
Mold and mildew can be found many places in your home.
Mold loves any type of warm or humid environment and can live off any organic matter. This means anything from a peach to an old newspaper or bathroom wall can have mold growing on it.
Mildew, a form of mold or fugus, can penetrate a living area or workspace if there is a high level of moisture in the air. You have probably experience that musty mildew odor when you go down into your basement. Mildew can come through walls, windows, doors carpets or under the refrigerator.
Mold should not be breathed in over long periods of time. Unfortunately our homes and offices are usually infested with toxic mold and mildew. Since it hides in cracks in the walls along with other invisible places, we are usually unaware we are breathing in these harmful effects.
Clear the Air can eliminate that musty mildew odor from your home. Especially if you have had a flood, our product works great to take away that smell of moisture in the air. Basements are another perfect place to use our product. Mold growth in homes and offices are a dangerous issue. if you recognize the symptoms of mold in your home, make an effort to protect your family and yourself.
Here are some tips to eliminate musty mildew odors:
- Hang 1-2 bags in basement. One bag cover up to 100 square feet.
- Bags will continue to eliminate musty odors for up to 3 months.
- If odors are strong (or you have had a flood) also sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Concrete or Carpet granules on floor, leave down 24 hours and sweep or vacuum. Odors will be completely eliminated.
- One canister of Clear The Air Odor Eliminator For Concrete or Carpet granules covers approximately 100 square feet.
Posted on March 29th, 2013
Easter safety for your dogs and cats.
Clear the Air would like to share an article from The Country Feed Store about pet safety during Easter. Check it out:
- Treats – Chocolate bunnies are popular this time of year however chocolate is extremely toxic to dogs. Small amounts of theobromine, the toxic ingredient in chocolate, can cause vomiting and restlessness in pets. Large amounts of theobromine can be fatal.
- Xylitol – Sugar free treats usually contain xylitol, an artificial sweetener used in many candies, chewing gums and baked treats. However, xylitol is extremely toxic to your pets. Don’t let your dog or cat snatch up a sugar free treat.
- Easter Lilies – Along with spring comes Easter Lilies. However, Easter lilies are toxic especially to cats. They can cause kidney failure and even death. Usually, when a cat consumes an Easter lily, they will vomit and usually become depressed within two hours. The vomiting will subside however the cat will not eat and will become more depressed. Call your veterinarian immediately.
- Plastic Easter Grass – Cats especially are attracted to the plastic grass you use for your Easter baskets. However, if ingested, it can cause gastrointestinal obstruction. If you suspect your cat has ingested the plastic grass, call your veterinarian immediately. Use paper Easter grass instead.
- Loud Noises – If you have a party and there will be loud noises and children running around, it might be wise to put your pet away in a quiet area. If your dog likes company, make Easter fun by creating an Easter basket for him and let him enjoy the festivities.
Posted on March 15th, 2013
Get rid of your diaper pail smells.
Diaper pails are smelly! They are a combination of old, stale urine and poop. For most people, this is the worst part of having a baby, dealing with the diaper pail.
However, with some planning and common sense, the diaper pail does not have to stink quite so much. With frequent cleaning, use of Clear the Air’s Odor Eliminators, and limiting the diaper’s exposure to the air, your home can be the best smelling home with a baby in it on the block.
The best way to help eliminate diaper pail odors is to keep one or two of our Odor Eliminator Bags at the bottom of your diaper pail. You can also sprinkle our Odor Eliminator at the bottom of your diaper pail. Hang a bag from the changing table, closest to the diaper pail to absorb odors as well.
You can also empty the diaper pail more frequently to help cut down on the odor. This will also help your Odor Eliminator Bags last longer.
Don’t use air fresheners. These only mask the odor and do not actually absorb it like Clear the Air’s Odor Eliminators. All you end up getting is a flowery/poopy diaper smell. Not too pleasant!
Wash out the diaper pail to limit bacteria in the air from the pail. Wash the pail with hot water and soap once in a while.
Do you have questions about using our product? Please comment on our blog or contact our customer service department. Our products are 100% safe, even if ingested, making it perfect to use around children and pets.
Posted on March 5th, 2013
Dog walking tips for you and your dog.
It is important to give your dog the exercise he needs to stay healthy and in shape. Check out some helpful dog walking tips from Clear the Air.
If you have a dog, you will probably have key words or actions you do before you take a walk that your dog picks up on. Whether he knows the word “walk” or knows what shoes you put on, your dog has already shown his excitement to get out.
First, it is important to keep you dog on a leash. If he is always pulling on the leash, consider using a different collar which will increase your control and comfort. Visit us and talk to our experts to find out what is the best type of collar for your dog.
If you have a smaller dog, you can use a retractable leash and is the best way to give your dog a little extra slack while you walk.
Make sure you pick up after your pup. You can purchase poop bags, or just bring along a grocery bag. Place the bag over your hand, pick up what you have to, turn the bag inside out and tie the end closed.
Make sure that if you are taking your dog on a walk somewhere new, dogs are allowed at your destination. Some parks and beaches do not allow dogs.
Carry enough water for both you and your pet. You can pick up a foldable water dish and carry it with you.
If you are getting winded and tired, chances are your dog may be too. Find a shady place to rest. Dogs keep cool by panting, finding shady areas, walking in water and drinking water. If you are near a stream or lake, find a safe place to let your dog swim. This is an excellent way for your dog to get some exercise as well.
Don’t forget to put your dog’s tags on. If your dog happens to get lost while you are on your walk, he should have a tag with his name, your name and phone number on it. Of course you should always have your dog micro chipped. If your dog’s collar slips off with the tags on it, should someone find him and turn him in to the local shelter, he can be identified and reunited with you!
Train your dog for long hikes and runs. If your dog hasn’t exercised in quite a while, deciding to take him on a 7 mile hike might be a little too much for him. Work him up to the longer more strenuous outings by doing shorter distances with him first.
Do you have some tips you’d like to share with us? Please comment on our blog!
Posted on February 27th, 2013
Who loves a nice comfy couch to sprawl out on and enjoy a relaxing nap or good movie? A couch is one of the most used pieces of furniture in your home and if your couch has an odor in it, it can make relaxation on the couch a bit distracting.
If your dog or cat has had an accident on the couch or you have spilled food on the couch, Clear the Air can eliminate those odors. Clear the Air does this without using any harsh chemicals or fragrances and is completely non-toxic and safe to even ingest!
This unique form of Earth Care Products Mineral can be sprinkled on carpet and furniture as needed to eliminate odors. Odors will be completely eliminated. Clear the Air does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the entire area. It works well for old soaked in urine odors. For example, if the urine has soaked into the couch cushions, Clear the Air will literally pull the odor out from the cushions without even having to take apart your couch!
Clear The Air draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are absorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. It does not cover up odors; it literally pulls the odors from carpets and furniture leaving the air fresh and clean.
Clear The Air is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth. It is also safe around children and pets even if eaten. Does your couch have a lingering odor you’d like to get rid of? Please call us or click here to order!
Posted on February 13th, 2013
With the colder winter months here, it is sometimes difficult to get your dog out for his normal exercise. Cats may not be keen on going outside when it’s raining or snowing either.
Clear the Air would like to share some helpful tips to keep your pets entertained and avoid bad behavior when it is difficult to get outside:
- Just like humans like to be entertained by technology, cats can too. Have you ever had your cat follow your mouse pointer on your computer screen? What about a laser toy for your cat to run around the house and chase? As crazy as it sounds, there are even apps you can download on your iPad just for cats!
- Use a clicker to train your dog indoors and teach him new tricks. In clicker training, a distinct and consistent signal marks a desired behavior of your pet in real time. Once you click, follow the signal with a motivating reward like a treat. Because your dog understands which action earned the click and reward, he will learn new behaviors quickly and enthusiastically.
- Cats love hunting and love to explore hidden things. How many times have you unpacked a package you received and watched your cat be entertained for hours with the box? I know our cats love new things like that! Try putting a couple treats in a paper cup and letting them bat the cup around until they find the treat.
- Both cats and dogs can perform agility training by navigating through obstacles such as a hoop or tunnel, especially if a treat is rewarded at the end of it. Set up different obstacles for your pets and put a treat at the end of it.
- Have your dog use his nose and search for a treat. Nose work is a variation of search and rescue and a popular way to keep your dog moving by tapping into their natural scenting abilities.
- Use items around the house to make a toy for your pets. Poke a hole in a plastic jug so food comes out of it when your pet rolls it around. Of course it is important to monitor your pet to make sure he doesn’t chew or ingest any bits of the homemade toy.
- Get a toy designed to keep your dog busy. Stop by your local pet store and ask them what they suggest to give to your dog to keep him entertained. If you have to leave for a while, give him a toy that will keep him busy while you’re gone. One of the ones we like to use on our dogs is the Kong. You can easily refill it with peanut butter or anything else your pet likes.
- Associate your dog with other dogs at indoor dog parks. There are many doggy day cares which offer socialization with other pups.
Posted on February 8th, 2013
Many different odors can emerge throughout your home. Thankfully, Clear The Air can eliminate all those odors, no matter how bad they smell! Please share with us how Clear The Air has helped eliminate odors in your home.
Refrigerator Odors: Place one to two of our Odor Eliminator Bags in your refrigerator and let our product do its magic. Of course, taking out any old or spoiled food from your fridge will help take the odor away faster.
Cat Litter Box: Add granules to bottom of litter box, add litter, then add additional granules on top. Add ½ cup of granules each time litter is changed, scooped or as needed. This will prolong the life of your litter, along with making the odor unnoticeable to your nose and your cats!
Doggie Smell On Carpets/Furniture: Remove feces and excess urine then sprinkle granules over area until dry granules are present on top. Our product will also work well on old dry urine odors. Leave product on overnight, then sweep or vacuum. Clear The Air pulls odors from carpet, padding, and subfloor. Typically one application will eliminate all odors; occasionally a second application is necessary. One canister covers 100 square feet.
Cigarette and Cigar Odor: Hang 1-2 Earth Care Odor Eliminator Bags in each room that smells like cigarette smoke. One bag will cover 50-100 square feet. The odor will be eliminated in 24 hours. One bag will last 1-2 months, if room is heavily permeated with smoke odor the bag may need to be changed more often at first. If odors are particularly strong or room has been smoked in for years sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Carpet and Furniture granules on carpets and furniture. Leave down 24 hours and vacuum. Odors will be completely eliminated. One canister of Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Carpet and Furniture covers 100 square feet; one bucket covers 900 square feet. Granules can also be placed in ashtrays and cigarette butt receptacles.
Basement: Hang 1-2 bags in basement. One bag cover up to 100 square feet. Bags will continue to eliminate musty odors for up to 3 months. If odors are strong (or you have had a flood) also sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator for Concrete or Carpet granules on floor, leave down 24 hours and sweep or vacuum. Odors will be completely eliminated. One canister of Clear The Air Odor Eliminator For Concrete or Carpet granules covers approximately 100 square feet.
New Carpet: Some new carpets contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are emitted as gases when they are first installed. When exposed to VOCs people may experience a wide range of symptoms that can include nose and throat discomfort, headache, allergic skin reaction, nausea, fatigue, and dizziness. Sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator granules over entire carpet. Leave down 24 hours and vacuum. When granules are down it is best to have some ventilation in the room such as a window open. One bucket covers 900 square feet. Also hang 1-3 bags in each room. Bags will last 3-4 months; we recommend you leave the bags up to continue removing new carpet odors. One bag covers 100 square feet.
Posted on February 6th, 2013
Mice, rats and other rodents can cause a lot of damage in your home. Not only do they carry and spread disease, they can chew on everything causing property damage and even risk of fire when chewing on electrical wiring.
Clear the Air would like to share some tips on how to find out if you have a rodent infestation in your home. Remember to use our Clear the Air Odor Eliminator Bag to eliminate any dead rodent odors from your home, garage, shed or anywhere else.
Droppings of feces are one of the easiest ways to know you have an infestation. You may notice them in your garage on the rafters, on boxes, or anywhere else high up the rodents are running around.
Use a black light to see rodent urine. It will be a bluish to yellowish white color. Not all fluorescent colors you see under black light in your home may be rodent urine. Many bleaches and lubricating oil will show up under black light too.
Mice mark their trail with their urine for other mice to follow their tracks to food sources. If you find a urine trail into your home, make sure to block the entrance to avoid mice from getting in.
Check corners in your home for food stashes and nests made by mice and/or rats. Another way to find out if you have rodents in your home is to look for chewed corners of boxes and wires.
If you have a rat or mouse die in your home, the odor can be so bad you can’t be in your home. Fortunately our Clear the Air Bags don’t have to come in contact with the odor producer, thus avoiding the huge task of taking down drywall to remove the dead carcass. All you have to do is simply hang the bag where the odor is strongest and within 24 hours the odor is eliminated. Sometimes two bags may have to be used if the dead rodent odor is extremely strong.
Do you have questions about our product? Call or email Pat in our customer service department!
Posted on January 22nd, 2013
Do you have a dog or cat who has urinated in your home? We guarantee 100% the odor will be eliminated with Clear the Air’s Carpet/Furniture Odor Eliminator.
Cat & dog urine odor is one of the strongest and toughest odors to get rid of. Most products on the market are wet and must come into contact with the urine to remove the odor.
This means if you have urine that has soaked into the carpet you must pull up the carpet and pad and soak the carpet, pad and floorboards. What a mess!
With Clear The Air Cat & Dog Urine Odor Eliminator just sprinkle the granules on top of the carpet leave on overnight and vacuum in the morning and the odor is completely eliminated. Works well on all surfaces pulling the odors out of tile and concrete. Will completely eliminate the odors from your litter box, no one will know you have a litter box in the house!
Clear the Air does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the carpet pad, and sub-floor. Clear The Air draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are adsorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. Clear The Air does not cover up odors; it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean. Clear The Air is made from an all-natural mineral, is non-toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth.
It is also safe around children and pets even if eaten.
Eliminate Cat Urine Odors From Carpets, Wood Floors, Tile, Concrete or Furniture:
- Remove feces and excess urine.
- Sprinkle granules over area until dry granules are present on top. Also works well on old dry urine odors.
- Leave overnight, then sweep or vacuum.
- Clear The Air pulls odors from carpet, padding, and subfloor.
- Typically one application will eliminate all odors; occasionally a second application is necessary.
- One canister covers 100 square feet.