Posted on January 13th, 2017
Did you know going green at home can be done by making simple changes?
Going green at home can save energy, money, and our planet. Clear The Air would like to share these tips to help you make your home a little more green.
- Take your shoes off before you enter the house. This can keep all the dirt and chemicals that add up on the bottom of your shoes out of the house.
- Use compact fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent light bulbs to save energy in the home.
- Don’t throw out electronics with the garbage. Recycle them!
- Shop local farmer’s markets to save on the energy and fuel costs of produce and other products.
- Fix leaky faucets immediately to save the gallons of water that can be wasted in just a day.
- Purchase energy-effiecent appliances when it is time to replace your current ones. These appliances have Energy Stars labels and save energy and money.
- Unplug all LED electronics after you turn them off. These electronics still use power after they are turned off.
- Donate old clothing instead of throwing them out. You can also list your old clothing on Freecycle.org
- Eliminate odors in the home naturally with Clear The Air odor eliminates. Our products are not-toxic, non-hazardous, non-caustic, and biodegradable. Solve your odor challenge here.
Posted on October 25th, 2016
Do you need help controlling litter box odors or keeping an eye on your pets while you are gone?
Clear The Air would like to share some of the best technology for you, your pets, and the environment.
When you think about technology that can save you time or make your life easier, tech for your pets is probably not the first thing that comes to mind. But there are many options available that can help you reach your goals while taking care of your pets and the environment. Here are a few ideas that all savvy pet owners can benefit from trying out.
Keep Your Furry Friend in Your Sights
Most people who have dogs consider their canine to be a part of their family, and the same sentiment often applies to cats too. So it’s understandable that one of the main fears of having a pet is them somehow getting away and you not being able to find them. You can easily put this fear to rest by using a GPS tracker to keep tabs on your pet’s whereabouts.
The Paw Tracker is an intuitive, lightweight tracker that can be clipped directly onto your furry pal’s collar. The tracking system is linked to your smartphone and you can quickly see the location of your dog or cat anytime you get concerned. Make the whole system environmentally friendly by clipping the Paw Tracker to an eco-friendly collar like one from Earth Dog and by using your smartphone of choice.
Freshen and Clear The Air
Ask any cat lover what the biggest downside is to owning these lovable companions and they’ll almost always answer, “litter boxes.” Although a necessary part of having a cat, the smell is unpleasant and cleaning them can be a hassle. The good news is technology has produced a solution.
Try the Litter-Robot, an automatic self-cleaning litter box that eliminates the need to scoop out the clumps in the litter box yourself. It helps you save pounds of litter and will also significantly reduce how much trash you throw out each year. Of course this doesn’t solve the odor problem, so you’ll want to couple the Litter-Robot with the Clear the Air Cat Urine Odor Remover Bundle. Our product is non-toxic and biodegradable, and therefore safe for the planet. Using these two items in tandem ensures that you will have a much more pleasant experience with the least fun aspect of cat ownership and the environment will benefit at the same time.
Upgrade Your Food and Water System
The daily chore of feeding your kitties and pooches can sometimes be difficult. You get stuck at work late one day, and they’re meowing and howling by the time you get home. Or you need to go on a short trip but have no one who can come by and refill your pets’ food and water bowls. Or maybe you’ve been told by your veterinarian that your furry best friend needs to lose a little weight for her health. Once again, technology to the rescue.
Have you considered an automatic pet feeder? The Automatic Pet Feeder from Toppy Pets is made from eco-friendly plastic and takes care of your creatures’ most basic needs when you’re not able to. Simply want to slow down your dog’s eating time, and help her get a little weight off? Try the Simply Pets A-Maze-In-A-Bowl Slow Feed Dog Bowl, which is made from eco-friendly bamboo fibers and helps manage canine obesity.
Whatever your goals and needs are for your cats and dogs, there’s likely a device that can help you achieve them. Give these products and systems a try and feel good about the benefits to you, your furry children and the environment.
Posted on August 5th, 2015
Did the kids have an accident or did the cat use your mattress as a litter box again?
Clear The Air eliminates foul mattress odors and can eliminate harmful odors you can breathe in when you sleep.
Here is how to eliminate odors from your mattress:
Do you have questions about how to use our product? Contact our customer service department to answer all your odor issue questions!
Posted on March 17th, 2015
Go Green for St. Patrick’s Day! Clear the Air would like to share some healthy habits for you and the environment.
When people think about living a more healthy and eco-friendly life, they often come up with ideas that focus on one of the two areas. For example, while making sure to recycle paper, glass and metal that comes into your home is a wonderful way to reduce your carbon footprint, it probably won’t impact your health. In the same vein, it is healthy to head out for a brisk walk in the morning, but the Earth probably won’t be impacted much by it. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways that you can have a positive impact on both your health and the environment at the same time.
Switch to Organic Food
As anyone who has made the switch from regular to organic fruits and veggies knows pretty well, there is a pretty noticeable and positive difference in taste between the two. Plus, the antioxidant levels in organically-raised food tend to be more powerful and impactful on your health than food that is grown with pesticides and other chemicals, claims Organic Facts. Research conducted on organic milk also found that it contains more antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids and vitamins.
In addition to being better for your body, organic food is kind to Mother Earth. Instead of spraying toxic chemicals on crops, the food is raised in an eco-friendly and gentle fashion.
Buy an Electric or Hybrid Vehicle
If your current vehicle is starting to show its age, check out some of the new electric or hybrid models for an eco-friendly option. Hybrid and plug-in cars reduce the amount of toxic emissions released into the atmosphere, explains the U.S. Department of Energy.
Driving a car that does not belch out black smoke is better for the air that you breathe, and can reduce allergies and other breathing problems like asthma. But, electric and hybrid cars can impact your health in other ways. For instance, they typically have better fuel economy than traditional cars, so you will have more money left in your bank account (and you will put less gas into the air because you fill up less often). This alone can help reduce your stress levels and allow you to spend that money on healthier products or save it for later.
You can also use Earth’s Care Odor Eliminator Bags as a green alternative to remove odors in your car, boat, and home. Earth Care is made from an all natural mineral. It is non toxic, non hazardous, non-caustic, and biodegradable. It can safely be used around pets and children. It is safe to sprinkle in your pet’s cage; it will not hurt your pet even if eaten.
Posted on November 24th, 2014
If you were thinking of getting a new dog for the family this Christmas, adopt a dog from the San Diego Humane Society. They have so many precious dogs looking to be your new best friend. Check out this beautiful birthday girl wishing for her new home!!
Happy Birthday to this little beauty, Lenora! She’s been patiently waiting for more than 360 days for her new family and she’s hoping if she wishes hard enough, her birthday wish will come true!
Lenora is 5 years old and as sweet as can be. She loves to snuggle and give kisses to her favorite humans. When she’s not cuddled up, she loves playing fetch and goofing around with the water hose.
She’s also one of our top Volunteer Picks for her sweet demeanor and silly personality.
Make her birthday wish come true this weekend at our San Diego Campus! Here’s more information on Lenora.
Posted on November 23rd, 2014
Your new carpet looks great, but did you know that studies of animals have shown that breathing some types of VOCs over a long period of time can increase the risk of getting cancer.
Some carpets are made with a chemical called VOCs, Volatile Organic Compounds, and are a substance that contains carbon and that evaporates or “off-gases” at room temperature.
A number of building and household materials may be sources of VOCs. New carpeting, backing, and adhesives; draperies; wood products that use certain glues, finishes, and waxes in the manufacturing process; and vinyl type flooring and wall coverings may all release VOCs into the air.
The good news is that these odors can easily be removed with Earth Care’s Clear The Air Odor Eliminators. Simply sprinkling Earth Care Clear The Air granules on the carpet and hanging Earth Care Odor Remover Bags will eliminate the new carpet odors. This unique form of Earth Care Products Mineral does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the entire area.
Clear The Air draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are absorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. Clear The Air does not cover up odors; it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean. Clear The Air is made from an all-natural mineral, is non-toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth.
Purchase Clear The Air Odor Eliminators here.
Posted on November 13th, 2014
Are your pets at home alone all day??
While you are at work, your dogs and cats are sitting at home just waiting for you to come home. Some pets may even chew up the furniture just because they are bored. Pets need to be active and need mental stimulation, it is important for their health. You can also help prevent problem behaviors by providing your pets with toys or activities to do while you are gone.
Here are some tips from the ASPCA on how to keep your dog and cat active when you are home and when you aren’t.
- Move it! Healthy adult dogs need at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise twice a day. Jogging, swimming and playing at the dog park are all great ways to burn excess energy.
- Engage in structured games, like fetch and tug-of-war—they’re not only great exercise but also teach your pet impulse control and strengthen the bond between you.
- Keep your dog occupied when he’s home alone by giving him a food-stuffed puzzle toy, like the Kong, or some tasty chew toys.
- Like their canine counterparts, cats also need plenty of aerobic exercise. Get kitty fit with rousing play sessions, such as chase and fetch with furry toys, small balls or toy mice.
- Encourage your cat’s favorite home alone activities, including bird watching, exploring paper bags or boxes, watching cat videos or spending time in secure outdoor enclosures.
- Teach your cat new tricks! Felines are quick studies and can learn practical skills like coming when called, sitting up, rolling over and even using the toilet!
Posted on October 19th, 2014
How “green” is your home?
There are simple changes you can make in your home to become more green. Clear The Air would like to share a few simple tips on how to impact the environment in a positive way.
- Change your light bulbs. Trade out those incandescent light bulbs for compact fluorescent bulbs which save energy.
- Use energy-efficient appliances. If you need to replace an appliance, replace it with an appliance that has an Energy Star label to save energy and money. You may be eligible for a tax credit when you use energy-efficient appliances in your home.
- Wash full loads of laundry and dishes. Waiting until you fill your washing machine and dishwasher before you run them will save energy, water, and power.
- Recycle those old electronics instead of throwing them away in the trash. Chemicals and heavy metals from electronics that are thrown away just sit in the ground.
- Pull the plug on your electronics. Even after you turn your TV off it continues to use power if it is still plugged in. By unplugging it, you can save energy and money.
- Get your food from local farmer’s market. You will not only have fresher produce, but you will save on the energy and fuel costs when you buy your produce at local farmer’s markets.
- Fix your leaky faucets immediately. A leaky faucet or shower can waste gallons of water a day which not only a waste of our water resources, it is also money down the drain.
Posted on September 18th, 2014
Did you recently get new carpet in your home?
Some new carpets contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are emitted as gases when they are first installed. When exposed to VOCs people may experience a wide range of symptoms that can include nose and throat discomfort, headache, allergic skin reaction, nausea, fatigue, and dizziness.
The new carpet odor that people usually smell is a VOC called 4-phenylcyclohexene (4-PCH), which is a byproduct of the latex binder used to secure the “tufted” fibers to the backing. 4-PCH can linger after installation for up to a week, exposing the homeowner to the pungent odor.
These odors can easily be removed with Earth Care’s Clear The Air Odor Eliminators. Simply sprinkling Earth Care Clear The Air granules on the carpet and hanging Earth Care Odor Remover Bags will eliminate the new carpet odors. This unique form of Earth Care Products Mineral does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the entire area.
Clear The Air draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are adsorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. Clear The Air does not cover up odors; it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean. Clear The Air is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth.
It is also safe around children and pets even if eaten.
Directions to Remove New Carpet Odors
- Sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator granules over entire carpet. Leave down 24 hours and vacuum. When granules are down it is best to have some ventilation in the room such as a window open.
- One bucket covers 900 square feet.
- Also hang 1-3 bags in each room. Bags will last 3-4 months; we recommend you leave the bags up to continue removing new carpet odors.
- One bag covers 100 square feet.
Posted on August 21st, 2014
Are you a dog person or a cat person?
Clear The Air came across Dr. Mercola’s article about the differences between dogs and cats and we would like to share it with our readers:
- Dogs can be trained quickly, some in a matter of minutes, to obey basic commands like ‘come’ and ‘sit.’
- Most cats are difficult if not impossible to train to respond to directives.
- Cats can be house-trained in an instant as long as they have access to a litter box. There’s really no training to it, in fact. It’s instinct.
- Most dogs take considerably longer to housebreak, and some just never get all the way there. Unlike with Fluffy, housebreaking a pup is usually a hands-on, time intensive project.
- Dogs are social beings. They want to be with their pack, wherever their pack may be.
- Cats are solitary by comparison and their primary attachment (when forced to choose) is to their territory rather than other two or four-legged animals.
- Dogs have 42 teeth.
- Cats have 30.
- Cats can jump and climb, giving them more options when they need to hunt for food, or when they feel threatened.
- Dogs are earthbound, so they need their pack to hunt effectively. And when a threat triggers their fight-or-flight response, they are more likely to react with aggression because their ability to flee from a predator is limited.
- Dogs are scavenging carnivores, which means although they are primarily meat-eaters, if necessary they can survive on plant material alone (remember, surviving is different than thriving).
- Cats are obligate or strict carnivores. Kitties cannot sustain life without eating meat in some form.
- Dogs in the wild catch their prey by running it down. They are long distance runners, not sprinters.
- Cats creep up on their prey and catch it by surprise. They are sprinters, not distance runners.
- Cats cannot be fasted and should not be dieted down too quickly. Kitties don’t efficiently burn fat reserves as an energy source. Instead, without food, their bodies break down non-fatty tissues for energy. This can lead to a life-threatening liver condition called hepatic lipidosis.
- Dogs are much better at using their fat reserves and can tolerate a lack of food for much longer than cats.
- Cats have retractable claws that stay sharp because they are protected inside the toes.
- Dogs claws are always extended and become blunt from constant contact with the ground when they walk.
- A dog’s memory is only about five minutes long.
- Kitties can remember up to 16 hours.
Read entire article about dog and cat differences from Dr. Mercola here.