Posted on March 9th, 2017
Baby skunk season is starting!
Clear The Air Odor Skunk Odor eliminator will completely eliminate skunk odors from your dog, furniture, carpets, lawns, shrubs, and you. The odors are absorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances.
Clear The Air does not cover up odors; it literally “clears the air” leaving the air fresh and clean. It is a natural skunk odor neutralizer.
For tips on what to do if you find a baby skunk, check out information from Project Wildlife here.
How to Eliminate Skunk Smells
- Sprinkle pet with granules, gently work into the coat. Leave on as long as pet will tolerate. It is best to do this outside so your pet can shake off the granules. Repeat as necessary. Can also be used on humans.
- Sprinkle on pet bedding or clothes. Leave down 24 hours then shake off.
- Sprinkle on concrete patios, pool areas, dog runs, kennels, garages or basements. Leave down 24 hours and sweep or vacuum.
- Shake liberally on lawns, artificial turf and landscaping where skunk odor originates. Okay to leave permanently on landscaping and lawn. Clear The Air acts as a time-release nitrogen fertilizer.
- Sprinkle indoors on carpet, rugs, flooring or furniture. Leave down 24 hours, sweep or vacuum.
Posted on January 12th, 2015
Here’s a wonderful story from the San Diego Humane Society about Katie, a.k.a. Madeline, a Tortoiseshell kitten.
Katie’s mom writes:
I adopted a beautiful female Tortoiseshell kitten from the San Diego Humane Society last October 23. Her name there at the SDHS was Madeline. I had just lost my precious 15 year old Manx kitty (Maggie) two months earlier and was ready to give another pet a home. I searched for what seemed a long time before I met Madeline, and she agreed I was the one to take her home.
Madeline was one of the very first kittens I met there, as her little home was located in the front, inside the Gift Center, along with some other gorgeous kittens. Her name has since been changed to Katie, but we’ll call her Madeline here, as that was how everyone there at SDHS knew her. I could not believe how quickly she made herself right at home that first evening after departing the carrier. It was if she had been here a while and had already adapted. No time was wasted, as she wanted to play. Madeline has brought so much joy and love into my life.
Madeline is just as described on her profile adoption intro. She has a ton of personality, is very friendly and social, loves people and loves to cuddle, when she has time and is ready. She is very independent. She loves to play fetch and her favorite activity is when we play with her cat catcher teaser toy. Anyone who comes to visit me is greeted with affection and excitement by Katie.
Thank you to the SDHS for everything you do for the animals and also thank you to all the Volunteers and foster families for all they do in socializing, readying and loving the kittens as they await adoption.
Are you ready to add a new furry family member? Check out the animals available for adoption at the San Diego Humane Society here.
Posted on November 23rd, 2014
When everyone sits down for Thanksgiving dinner your furry family members are going to be begging for a taste of what you are eating. You can include your pets, but be aware that not all Thanksgiving foods are safe for your pets. Clear The Air would like to share the following information from Reader’s Digest to keep your pets safe this Thankgiving:
- Turkey and other meats should be boneless and cooked.
- Sage should not be used on anything that is fed to pets. Cats are especially sensitive to this herb, it can upset their stomach and cause central nervous system depression.
- Raw bread dough should not be given to your pets because it can rise in your pet’s stomach and cause severe discomfort or more serious health problems.
- Cake batter should also not be given to pets because it can cause a salmonella infections. If you want to give your pets a treat, have kitty treats and dog biscuits ready to go for dessert time.
- Don’t go overboard on any of the Thanksgiving foods that you give your pets. If you are going to share human food with your pets, give them very small portions to avoid stomach pains, diarrhea, or pancreatitis.
- Clean up after yourself and make sure all wrappers are safely thrown away out of your pets reach. When pets lick the wrappers they may also ingest some of the wrapper which can cause serious intestinal problems.
- Watch where you walk when you are carrying hot foods through the house. Make sure your pets aren’t running at your feet. You and your pet can be severely burned if you were to trip while carrying a burning hot dish.
Posted on November 15th, 2014
Do you have pet odors in your home you can’t get rid of?
Cat & dog urine odor is one of the strongest and toughest odors to get rid of. Most products on the market are wet and must come into contact with the urine to remove the odor. This means if you have urine that has soaked into the carpet you must pull up the carpet and pad and soak the carpet, pad and floorboards. What a mess!
With Clear The Air Cat & Dog Urine Odor Eliminator just sprinkle the granules on top of the carpet leave on overnight and vacuum in the morning and the odor is completely eliminated. Works well on all surfaces pulling the odors out of tile and concrete. Will completely eliminate the odors from your liter box, no one will know you have a litter box in the house!
Directions to Eliminate Cat Urine Odors From Litter Box
- Add granules to bottom of litter box, add litter, then add additional granules on top.
- Add 1/2 cup of granules each time litter is changed, scooped or as needed.
- Will prolong the life of your litter.
Directions to Eliminate Urine Odors From Carpets, Wood Floors, Tile, Concrete or Furniture
- Remove feces and excess urine.
- Sprinkle granules over area until dry granules are present on top. Also works well on old dry urine odors.
- Leave down 24 hours then sweep or vacuum.
- Clear The Air pulls odors from carpet, padding, and subfloor.
- Typically one application will eliminate all odors; occasionally a second application is necessary.
- One canister covers 100 square feet.
Directions to Eliminate Pet Odors from Pet, Pet Beds, or Car
- Sprinkle granules directly on pet, gently work into coat. Leave on as long as pet will tolerate. It is best to do this outside so your pet can shake off the granules. Repeat as necessary.
- Sprinkle directly on pet beds, leave down 24 hours shake off or vacuum. Also hang an Odor Eliminator Bag near the pet bed.
- Sprinkle granules on car seats and carpet. Leave down 24 hours. Sweep or vacuum. Leave a couple window cracked for air circulation. Also add an Odor Eliminator Bag to your car to continue to remove odors
Posted on November 13th, 2014
Are your pets at home alone all day??
While you are at work, your dogs and cats are sitting at home just waiting for you to come home. Some pets may even chew up the furniture just because they are bored. Pets need to be active and need mental stimulation, it is important for their health. You can also help prevent problem behaviors by providing your pets with toys or activities to do while you are gone.
Here are some tips from the ASPCA on how to keep your dog and cat active when you are home and when you aren’t.
- Move it! Healthy adult dogs need at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise twice a day. Jogging, swimming and playing at the dog park are all great ways to burn excess energy.
- Engage in structured games, like fetch and tug-of-war—they’re not only great exercise but also teach your pet impulse control and strengthen the bond between you.
- Keep your dog occupied when he’s home alone by giving him a food-stuffed puzzle toy, like the Kong, or some tasty chew toys.
- Like their canine counterparts, cats also need plenty of aerobic exercise. Get kitty fit with rousing play sessions, such as chase and fetch with furry toys, small balls or toy mice.
- Encourage your cat’s favorite home alone activities, including bird watching, exploring paper bags or boxes, watching cat videos or spending time in secure outdoor enclosures.
- Teach your cat new tricks! Felines are quick studies and can learn practical skills like coming when called, sitting up, rolling over and even using the toilet!
Posted on October 6th, 2014
Another sweet cat finds her forever home!
The San Diego Humane Society helps many homeless animals find their “furrever” home. Here is yet another success story about Sophia (now called Amelie) who is very happy with her new family:
Here’s her story:
My cat Scheherazade died about six months ago. She’d been my little friend for 17 years, and I was heartbroken. She and I were simpaticas, and I didn’t think I’d ever want another pet. But I received an e-mail from the Humane Society saying they were having a special on “Ninja Panthers” (i.e., all-black kittens), and there was one that looked just like Scheherazade when she was a kitten. It was a male, and I immediately thought, “Dante! I’ll call him Dante!” I called to find out if he could be held until I got there, but someone had just taken him home.
My husband said, “Let’s just go down there. I’m sure they have other kittens.”
We went to the Gaines Street campus, and the adoption counselor asked what we were looking for in a kitten. I said I wanted an affectionate one. She let us play with all of them and told us a little bit about each. There was one, though, a little gray female called Sophia, that was sweet, playful, and affectionate–just a bundle of charm. My husband said, “I like that one.” I agreed, and we brought her home.
I can’t tell you what a delight she is. She was so well socialized that she was right at home with us in just over an hour. I work from home, and she loves to help–typing and sorting papers are her favorite–and she loves to play and to cuddle, and she’s so well behaved. I couldn’t ask for a better or more perfect friend than our little Sophia (now called Amelie). I think Scheherazade would be pleased that we found her. Thank you.
Posted on September 21st, 2014
Check out the latest hidden gem at the San Diego Humane Society. Ricky is looking for his forever home. Here is what the San Diego Humane Society has to say about him:
Ricky is a 5-year old male Poodle mix. We just know that the right home is out there for this sweet guy – and that one moment is all it will take to fall in love with his adorable face and lovable personality!!
Ricky is currently a Hidden Gem because he tends to get very anxious when left alone. For this reason, it will be very important for his adopters to continue his training and be very patient with him so that he can be as successful as possible. Ricky would also really benefit from having a doggy sibling in the home as well, as it is calming for him and helps provide him with further “instruction” on how to behave, by example. In his current foster home this has proved most helpful, along with enrichment toys and calming music if ever he’s left alone.
Not only is Ricky good with other dogs, he also gets along well with cats and humans of all ages and sizes. What an absolutely amiable fellow, wouldn’t you say?!!
If you are interested in more information, or to arrange an introduction with this sweet boy, please call our Oceanside Campus at (760) 757-4357
Posted on July 30th, 2014
Did you know we offer a 100% guarantee that our product will eliminate any odor?
Clear The Air produces amazing results when it comes to eliminating odors. See what others say about our products:
Our cat was recently diagnosed with diabetes and has since contracted a bladder infection. To our complete annoyance, this caused him to not use the litter box and instead was using the carpeting. I bought this before the problem got completely out of hand and it worked like a charm. The directions say to let it sit overnight before vacuuming but of course I couldn’t wait that long and it still worked. Will be getting more of this product for future needs. ~Norah
It magically absorbs pet odors from my carpets, even in high heat and humidity. It’s great for between shampooings. Just sprinkle, let it sit overnight and vacuum. ~Jayne
I have tried 4 or 5 different products trying to get the old urine smells our of our carpet from my black lab’s potty training accidents. Nothing had worked. I thought I’d try this product, and since there was a money back guarantee, I figured I didn’t have anything to lose. I followed the instructions, sprinkled it on the carpet right before we went to bed, and then vacuumed it up the next morning, and just like that, the smell was gone! Finally my house smells fresh and clean again! 5 Paws up for Clear the Air! ~Ace’s Mom
I have a house full of pets and someone is always leaving me a “surprise” Ive tried everything and nothing has worked or even come close to working except this! It TOOK the smell out of the carpet, not cover it up with perfumes. Ive even used it on my furniture just to freshen it up. And it really does work on wood floors too! I love this stuff!
Posted on July 28th, 2014
Have a foul odor in your home? Here is how our Odor Remover and Odor Eliminator Products work:
Earth Care Products “Clear The Air” can be used to eliminate odors by simply placing a bag near the odor, or by sprinkling granules over or near the soiled areas. The great news is, Earth Care’s Clear The Air does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the entire room.
Earth Care Products are ingredients are negatively charged and odiferous gasses ride on positively charged particles. Because of this negative and positive attraction Earth Care draws in odors like a powerful magnet.
The odors are adsorbed and neutralized without any cover ups or fragrances. The molecular structure of Earth Care consists of billions of microscopic pores, which gives it a large surface area (exceeding the size of a football field). This enables Earth Care to adsorb phenomenal amounts of odors!!
Earth Care does not cover up odors it literally clears the air, leaving the air fresh and clean with no odors or fragrances left behind.
Many of the odor and pollution control products on the market today act merely as masking agents. This means they add chemicals to the air to cover up odors and actually increase the level of indoor pollutants in the process. Earth Care, on the other hand, truly eliminates odors and cleans the air by adsorbing and neutralizing odors. Earth Care Products are especially beneficial to those that suffer from chemical sensitivity which can be aggravated by fragrances.
Earth Care is safe for Planet Earth. To dispose of Earth Care simply add to your soil, it is an excellent nitrogen soil amendment.
Posted on June 2nd, 2014
Did you know bunny rabbits usually end up without a home often throughout their life?
Unfortunately people get a rabbit thinking it will be a pet they don’t have to worry about or maintain like you would a dog. Please think twice before getting a rabbit and make sure you have the time and care available for him or her that is needed.
The San Diego Humane Society shared a success story from a bunny rabbit adoption they did. If you are looking for a new bunny, please adopt! There are many that need homes!
Howard – Sweet as sweet can be
Thanks so much for checking in on us!!! Howard is fabulous and settling in rather swimmingly. He has become the apple of all our eyes!! He is a free roaming bun here in the Lilien casa – however he does have his little nook in my office. We’ve ordered him all kinds of gear that should be arriving any day so that his area is a bit more bunny official. In the meantime he chills with me in my office which will probably be his favorite spot of all.
He is truly sweet as sweet can be. He loves his long, indulgent petting sessions – he’s taken to bunny purring!!! He’s been so amazing with and for our kids and just loves their company and their pets. We’ve taken him outside in his play pen and sat in the middle with him and he loves that! All in all I think everyone is pretty darn happy!!
Thank you all again for all of your help and support!!
The Lilien Family