EARTH CARE PRODUCTS: MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET
- 1. Product and Company Identification:
- Trade Name: Earth Care Odor Removers & Clear the Air
Manufacturer: Earth Care Products
2205 Elevado Road
Vista, CA 92084 (760) 941-5302 fax:(760) 941-0680
- 2. Composition/ Information on Ingredients:
- Chemical Name: Sodium aluminosilicate, a natural mineral
- 3. Hazards Identification:
- No specific health hazard known. No fibrous particles were present when tested by NIOSH.
- 4. First aid measures:
- Skin and Eye contact: Flush with water.
Inhalation: Move to dust free air, administer oxygen and CPR if breathing stops.
Ingestion: Drink 16 ounces (500 ml) of water.
- 5. Fire Fighting Measures:
- Flash point: None
Flammable limits: None
Not a fire or explosion hazard; May be used to extinguish class A and B fires.
- 6. Accidental Release Measure:
- Wear dust protection. Sweep or scoop up and dispose in non-hazarduos waste.
- 7. Handling and Storage:
- Handle in a way to minimize dust. Store at ambient temperature.
- 8. Exposure Controls/Personal Protection:
- Wear dust mask and safety glasses to prevent nuisance dust from entering nose, mouth and eyes.
- 9. Physical and Chemical Properties:
- Appearance: off-white
Melting Point: 2520
Boiling Point: N/A
Sp. Gravity: 2.2
Solubility in water: <0.01%
- 10. Stability and Reactivity:
- Hazardous Polyermerization: N/A
Hazardous Decomposition: N/A
Stability (pH): Stable 2.2 - 12
- 11. Toxicological Information:
- Not classified as hazardous.
CAS # 12173-10-3
- 12. Ecological Information:
- Food chain concentration: Not applicable
Waterfowl Toxicity: Not applicable
Aquatic toxicity: Not applicable
Atmospheric: Not applicable
Biochemical oxygen demand: Not applicable
- 13. Disposal Considerations:
- Sodium Aluminosilicate is not classified as hazardous under RCRA. Sweep or scoop up spilled material. Place in container for nonhazardous materials. May be disposed of in soils as an additive, or in sanitary landfill if uncontaminated by a hazardous material. If any hazardous materials are present, dispose of accordingly.
- 14. Transport Information:
- Sodium Aluminosilicates are not classified as hazardous material by the US DOT.
- 15. Regulatory Information:
- CERCLA: Not classified as a hazardous substance.
California Prop 65: Sodium Aluminosilicate is not listed by the state of California to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity.
- 16. Other Information:
- Food and Drug Administration: 582.2727. Subpart C-Anticaking Agent: Sodium aluminosilicate is generally recognized as safe for use at a level not exceeding 2% in accordance with good manufacturing or feeding practice.
The information above is believed to be accurate and represents the best information currently available to us. We make no warranty, with respect to this information, and we assume no liability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes.
© Copyright 2009, Earth Care Products. All Rights Reserved.