Remove New Carpet Odors
Some new carpets contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which are emitted as gases when they are first installed. When exposed to VOCs people may experience a wide range of symptoms that can include nose and throat discomfort, headache, allergic skin reaction, nausea, fatigue, and dizziness.
The new carpet odor that people usually smell is a VOC called 4-phenylcyclohexene (4-PCH), which is a byproduct of the latex binder used to secure the "tufted" fibers to the backing. 4-PCH can linger after installation for up to a week, exposing the homeowner to the pungent odor.
New Carpet odors can easily be removed with Earth Care's Clear The Air Odor Eliminators. Simply sprinke Earth Care Clear The Air granules on the carpet and hang Earth Care Odor Remover Bags to eliminate the new carpet odors. This unique form of Earth Care Products Mineral does not have to come into contact with the odor producer; it will pull the odors from the entire area.
Clear The Air draws in odors like a powerful magnet. The odors are absorbed, and neutralized without any fragrances. Clear The Air does not cover up odors; it literally "clears the air" leaving the air fresh and clean. Clear The Air is made from an all natural mineral, is non toxic and biodegradable and safe for Planet Earth.
It is a safe odor eliminator to use around children and pets.
How to Remove New Carpet Odors
- Sprinkle Clear The Air Odor Eliminator granules over entire carpet. Leave down 24 hours and vacuum. When granules are down it is best to have some ventilation in the room such as a window open.
- One bucket covers 900 square feet.
- Also hang 1-3 bags in each room. Bags will last 3-4 months; we recommend you leave the bags up to continue removing new carpet odors.
- One bag covers 100 square feet.
- Click Here to order New Carpet Odor Eliminator Bundle